6D changed the helmet industry forever in 2013 with the introduction of the revolutionary ATR-1 off-road motorcycle helmet, with its patented Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology. 6D's ODS technology has been studied, analyzed and tested by some of the greatest minds in head protection and has proven itself effective all around the glove across multiple helmet platforms. The exceptional 6D ATR-1 revolutionized helmet design and kicked off a technology race to improve helmet safety performance.
The standard by which all other youth helmets are measured:
The ATR-1Y is the only premium helmet designed specifically for youth riders and is the ideal choice for MX and BMX competition. Incorporating all of the amazing benefits of 6D's revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension technology, this helmet has no equal.
The ATR1Y is designed with softer multi-density EPS materials, and softer isolation dampers that offer superior protection to the child's still-developing brain and skull. The helmet is smaller, lighter and more compliant than the adult helmet and is certified to both DOT FMVSS 218 and ECE 2205 standards.
- Patented ODS - Omni-Directional Suspension Technology
- Shell - A proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fibreglass and Kevlar
- New "V2" Visor - features a higher center-peak that enhances the style of the helmet while improving both durability and rider vision
- PC Halo - Improves durability of inner EPS liner and overall performance
- Airflow Management - 4 intake ports, 13 transfer ports and 4 aggressive exhaust ports
- Rear Delta-Vent - Aids heat transfer by scavenging air from within the helmet
- Comfort Liner - Removable and washable, utilizing Genuine CoolMax™ anti-bacterial fabric
- Shear-Away Visor Screws
- Roost Guard - Provides additional face protection
- Sternum Pad - Provides added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident
- Exceeds ECE, DOT and AC standards
- Weight: +/- 1260 grams
ONLY 6D HAS OMNI-DIRECTIONAL SUSPENSION: 6D’s revolutionary patented ODS technology represents a fully active, in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system. Engineered to uncouple the helmet’s exterior shell from the inner EPS liner, the system effectively mitigates energy transfer to the head and brain of the rider during any given accident or impact event. The ODS system is comprised of 2 EPS liners separated by an array of elastomeric isolation dampers that allow the system to sheer and displace 3-dimensionally when subjected to impact.
Omni-Directional Suspension functions over a much broader range of energy demands, including LOW, MID and HIGH-Velocity impacts for both Angular and Linear accelerations when compared to other competing helmets, and helmet technologies. There is simply no other helmet, or helmet technology that can provide the exceptional energy management benefits of Omni-Directional Suspension.
ATR-1Y Size Chart
We've kept our Shipping Policy as simple as possible:
- Non-Rural: $10 North Island and $15 South Island
- Rural: $10 additional to North and South Island
All orders are sent as tracked deliveries and you will be provided your tracking number when your order is dispatched. Please allow 3 - 5 days for delivery and up to 7 working days for rural orders.
Any inquiries about your order, please contact us.
- We cannot ship to PO Box addresses.
- We do not ship to international addresses.
Pick Up is available in store
You can order your products online and pick them up from our store at 72 Barrys Road, Takapuna, Auckland.
Some items are stored at our warehouse, so we will notify you when your order is ready to collect.